By Gary Cohen on July 05th, 2012
- Don’t use the same résumé for every job application. Re-craft your résumé based upon the specific job description as well as your knowledge of the organization and industry.
- Select a format that highlights your skills and achievements.
- Build action words into your resume.
- Be memorable, but not annoying.
- Don’t shy away from an electronic formats like Visual CV or about.me; here’s my about.me résumé if you want a sense of how one looks.
- For more formatting options, check out the Microsoft templates or try Résumé Resource.
- For convenience, it’s hard to beat Résumé Builder, which will will convert your LinkedIn profile into a résumé with many different formats.