By Madeleine Van Hecke
1. “Did my mind just slam shut to an idea?” If my mind feels closed, can I at least leave it ajar?
2. “Did I just think ‘I’m absolutely sure of that!’?” The more certain I am, the more I need to question my certainty.
3. “Am I feeling pressured?” When I am most rushed, that’s when I most need to slow down and think – to take a few minutes, an hour, a day to mull the problem over.
4. “Am I thinking ‘how stupid!’”? If I truly don’t understand why some is acting that way, maybe I have a blind spot.
5. “Am I just human?” Of course I am! So reminding myself of this when I’m beating myself over the head for a mistake I’ve made helps me to accept my own blind spots as part of the human condition – and then go on to learn from them.
Related Blog Posts: