Top 10 Questions an Incoming CEO Should Ask
from McKinsey & Co.
1. Have I reflected on the context of my transition—not just from my own perspective, but from that of all key stakeholders?
2. Have I established in my own mind the time frame and intended outcomes of my leadership transition?
3. Have I established my initial set of priorities with a full understanding of what others expect of me?
4. How will I control my agenda and allocate my time?
5. Have I developed a clear process and time frame for selecting my top team?
6. Have I committed sufficiently to building a relationship with my chairman and board?
7. Do I have a mechanism for building the necessary support office and infrastructure?
8. Have I thought through my communications plan internal and external?
9. Do I have a mechanism for getting balanced feedback and information?
10. Have I established appropriate personal ground rules?